But a list is always a great way to get working, and here's my 10 minute list of things that start with the letter 'p' -
Procrastinate
|
Proof
|
Peat
|
Plain
|
Perambulate
|
Pooch
|
Pyre
|
Prescribe
|
Purpose
|
Pouch
|
Plume
|
Perform
|
Profile
|
Plead
|
Perfume
|
Preach
|
Prolific
|
Ply
|
Product
|
Pleat
|
Probable
|
Perfect
|
Placement
|
Pliable
|
Post
|
Peach
|
Place
|
Pitch
|
Perky
|
Prefect
|
Pylon
|
Pretend
|
Probe
|
Preface
|
Pile
|
Purr
|
Problem
|
Prior
|
Pale
|
Prove
|
Person
|
Priory
|
Plod
|
Pick
|
I hadn't thought of the 'pattern' word as I wrote, but when I'd finished I started looking for some in my 44 words.
There's only 10 adjectives in there, and 9 of the words can be more than one word class. Though I started out with a couple of complex words I simplified things quickly, and favoured nouns over verbs.
I can see some influence of my surrounds, sitting at a table in the street, but am surprised at others that dropped in - preface? pliable?
Product then placement is the sort of logic I'd expect to see when you're just spilling words, similarly priory after prior, but there's plenty of randomness, which pleases me. I would hate to be too predictable.
And for some reason though it's impossible to avoid it anywhere you look or listen at the moment, I'm pretty chuffed that I didn't even think of politics.
Do you use lists to help when you're writing?
Written in response to Sarah Selecky writing prompt (30th Jan 2015)
No comments:
Post a Comment